An exciting excursion into Israel’s Past, Present & Future
SUNDAY, APRIL 15 – THURSDAY, APRIL 19
Special Early Bird Pricing
Register by February 1, 2018 to receive $100 off the price.
TASTE OF THE NEGEV
Visit Nana Farm, a boutique vineyard started by Eran Raz, who moved from Tel Aviv to Mitzpe Ramon in 2006. This vineyard is an amazing Zionist story of making the desert bloom—in this case, with boutique wines produced there, much like a desert-style Tuscany.
GO BEYOND THE VIEW
of this site in the Negev—take a tour through this stunning desert landscape and learn about the formation and history of this geological gem.
TRACE ESSENTIAL MOMENTS IN ISRAELI HISTORY
Honor the memory of Israel’s first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion and learn about this dynamic leader whose vision and determination directed Israel’s future.
Includes a four-night stay at the deluxe rooms in the Dan Hotel, entrance to all VIP events and special activities, daily Israeli breakfasts, 4 dinners and lunches, and gratuities. Please note that Israel Maven can assist you in making you flight arrangements or you are welcome to do so on your own.
*Early Bird Special – Register by February 1, 2018 for a $100 discount.
Itinerary is subject to change
based upon double occupancy
based on single occupancy
Land price only (no hotel)
DEPARTURE: SATURDAY, APRIL 14
Depart JFK or Newark to Ben-Gurion. Evening departure.
DAY ONE: ARRIVAL DAY – SUNDAY, APRIL 15
- Late afternoon arrival at Ben-Gurion airport. VIP Meet & Greet & group transfer to Tel Aviv.
- Check-in to the Dan Hotel, Tel Aviv
- Join us for a festive welcome dinner at the Dan Hotel that will include a timely and thought-provoking opening discussion on “Israel Past, Present and Future: Challenges and Opportunities.” Among the panelists will be some of Israel’s leading thinkers and journalists.
- Overnight: Dan Hotel, Tel Aviv
DAY TWO: MONDAY, APRIL 16
- Breakfast at hotel
- Visit AMIT Kfar Blatt’s Gloria and Henry I. Zeisel and Family Junior College for a cutting-edge workshop and interaction with our students in the state-of-the-art auto-tech training center. Hear from the CEO of MobileEye about potential partnerships and the role AMIT is playing as Education Nation.
- 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Join us for a VIP and behind-the-scenes tour of the newly designed Beit Hatfutsot, Museum of the Jewish People, which details the 4,000-year-old story of the Jewish people’s past, present, and future.
- Private lunch at the museum
- “From the First ’Hebrew City’ to Modern Tel Aviv” – Meet with some of today’s leading political and religious leaders and join an engaging conversation about the development of Israel’s city that never sleeps.
- Culinary experience with “Mevashlim Chavaya”– a unique “Master Chef” style Experience for foodies in a magnificent Ottoman-era house.
- Return to hotel
- Overnight: Dan Hotel, Tel Aviv
DAY THREE: TUESDAY, APRIL 17
(EREV YOM HAZIKARON)
- Travel to Mitzpe Ramon, one of Israel’s geological gems
- Ilan Ramon Museum and Memorial, Mitzpe Ramon: Join us for an exclusive tour of the Ilan Ramon Museum and Memorial, dedicated to the late fighter pilot and first Israeli astronaut for NASA who died in the tragedy of the Space Shuttle Columbia mission. We will be accompanied by students from AMIT Sderot Religious High School who take part in a competitive SpaceLab program in collaboration with NASA.
- Enjoy Lunch in the heart of the Ramon Crater
- “AMIT in Action at the Forefront of Innovation”: Meet with students at an interactive educational fair showcasing AMIT’s cutting-edge approach to education in the 21st century and beyond.
- Visit Nana Farm: A boutique vineyard started by Eran Raz who moved from Tel Aviv to Mitzpe Ramon in 2006. He is a pioneer of Desert Wineries and his vineyard is an amazing Zionist tale. The visit to the winery includes a personal touch you will not experience anywhere else, as you sit in the vineyard and taste a variety of boutique wines produced there, much like a desert-style Tuscany. We will also sample goodies from the Lasha Bakery, a local Mitzpe Ramon bakery created by a single mother in her 40s who left her life in the city behind and started a new chapter in the desert. She makes bread and baked goods with lots of love.
- Enjoy dinner hosted by local residents of Sde Boker in their homes and hear from Elisha, who will talk about his personal relationship with David Ben-Gurion.
- Join us for a meaningful Yom Hazikaron ceremony at David-Ben Gurion’s grave overlooking the Tzin desert, where we will mark this day with members of the AMIT family including soldiers in the IDF.
- Return to Tel Aviv
- Overnight: Dan Hotel, Tel Aviv
DAY FOUR: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18
(YOM HAZIKARON & EREV YOM HA’AZMAUT)
- Breakfast at hotel
- Early travel to Jerusalem
- Pay tribute to the heroes of Israel with a visit to Har Herzl.
- Meet with the students of Midreshet AMIT for a meaningful volunteer activity.
• Return to hotel
• Travel to AMIT Kfar Batya
- Mark the transition from somber Yom Hazikaron to the jubilation of Yom Ha’atzmaut with Tefillah Chagigit with our students at AMIT Orot Shaul.
- Ring in Israel’s 70th birthday with a festive dinner at Gogya, AMIT’s state-of-the-art educational hub and center for excellence featuring Havivian Farm, an industrious organic farm-to-table experience serving up local foods and products.
- Return to Tel Aviv. Those who wish can experience the festivities of this historic day by partying the Israeli way with music and a fireworks display on the streets of Tel Aviv.
- Overnight: Dan Hotel – Tel Aviv
DAY FIVE: THURSDAY, APRIL 19
- Private breakfast at hotel
- Walking tours- options include:
Option A: Travel off-the-beaten path: Get to know the funky street art around Tel Aviv on this unique tour and then make your way through the charming alleyways of Florentine neighborhood
Option B: In the footsteps of the Independence War- From Jaffa to Hassan Bek – the battle for Jaffa and Tel Aviv
Option C: Tel Aviv – the White City- a look at Tel Aviv’s Architecture, starting with the fascinating story of Neve Tzedek and through the Bauhaus on Rothschild Boulevard.
- Experience the IAF’s air show while enjoying a relaxing boat ride on the Mediterranean along with a BBQ lunch.
- Before our mission ends, enjoy some free time on your own and explore Tel Aviv
- Transfer to Ben-Gurion airport for evening flight.
PREPARE FOR ISRAEL’S MOST SOLEMN DAY,
Yom Hazikaron (Memorial Day), by visiting Har Herzl, and honor the memory of Israel’s past heroes.
GET TO KNOW TEL AVIV’S PAST & PRESENT
Get a closer look at the White City through unique walking tours of the world-renowned Bauhaus buildings throughout Tel Aviv, funky street art in the Florentine neighborhood, and trace the city’s history during the War of Independence, from Jaffa to Hassan Bek.
GET AN INSIDER’S VIEW
of how AMIT is transforming the educational landscape in Israel by pioneering innovative teaching methods, establishing state-of-the-art facilities, and introducing students to cutting-edge programs.
Interested in coming along?
I hereby grant the permission, without reservation, to AMIT to take and to use photographs and/or sound/image recordings of me (“Images”) to describe and to use the same for promotion of good will, public education, and/or fundraising and other related activities of AMIT, without compensation to me, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the images or finished version(s) of works, including a website, incorporating the images.
I release AMIT and its officers, trustees, agents, employees, independent contractors, licensees, and assignees, including photographers (“Releasees”), from all claims I may have or might have for any cause of action arising out of taking and/or use of the Images, and/or descriptions of the same, be it blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use of a composite, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of photographs, or any processing toward the completion of the finished product, unless it can be shown that they and the publication thereof were maliciously caused, produced, and published solely for the purpose of subjecting me to conspicuous ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn, and indignity.
This Authorization releases the Releasees from (a) any and all statutory of common law claims; (b) any and all claims, whether under statute or common law, based on the rights of privacy, publicity, or other theories associated with the Image(s) and/or the use thereof; (c) any and all claims under theories of defamation, slander, libel, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, false light publicity or any other theory of recovery based in whole or in part on the use of the Image(s).
I recognize that AMIT owns the copyright (or may apply for the copyright) of these Images and other works and creations, and I hereby waive any claims I may have based on any usage of the Images or works derived there from in any form, whether it be printed, projected, televised, or transmitted via the Web, or/and at anytime, be it in the present or in the future, including, but not limited to, claims for either invasions of privacy or libel.
I am of full age and competent to sign this release. I agree that this release shall be binding on me, my legal representatives, my heirs, and my assigns. I have read this release, and I fully understand its contents, and sign it voluntarily.
I understand that I may revoke this authorization at any time, except to the extent that action has already been taken in reliance on this Authorization.
I am aware of the risks of travel to Israel, including risks associated with my safety and security. I have read, or have had the opportunity to read, the United States Department of State’s Travel Warning for Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank found at http://www.travel.state.gov. These risks include, but are not limited to, property damage and loss, death, or injury by accident, disease, or terrorist acts. I am voluntarily participating in the AMIT Mission with a full understanding of these risks, and I assume and agree to accept all risks to my safety and security during the course of participating in the Mission.
I acknowledge and affirm that, notwithstanding any security arrangements that may be made by AMIT or any other party, AMIT does not guarantee and is not responsible for my personal safety and my property while participating in the Mission or any Mission-related activities, including, but not limited to, airline travel, ground transportation, meals, lodging, and recreational activities, to include the activities of this particular Mission as described on the attached itinerary and/or in other materials distributed in connection with this Mission, including but not limited to, for example, cleanup and refurbishing of sites in Israel.
In light of the above and in consideration of being permitted to participating in the Mission, I do, for myself, my spouse, my heirs, my executors, my administrators, and my assigns, release and forever discharge AMIT and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors, and assigns, and all of its respective past, present, and future officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and contactors, and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), of and from any and every claim arising from or by reason of any bodily injury, personal injuries known or unknown (including emotional trauma), death, or property damage resulting or alleged to result from any accident, or other episode that may occur, whether based on the negligence of, or the breach of contract by, any Releasee or any other party for whose acts may be responsible in law or in fact, or any other cause or principle of law, as a result of my participation in the Mission or any activities in connection with the Mission.
This release contains the entire agreement between the parties to this release. This release supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings, and negotiations regarding its subject matter. This release shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and shall be as broad and inclusive as permitted by such laws. If any provisions of this release are held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall notwithstanding continue in full force and legal effect.
I have carefully read the foregoing release and understand its contents, and acknowledge that this is a release of liability and, as such, is a binding and fully enforceable contract between me and AMIT.